The Australia ICOMOS National Scientific Committee on Industrial Heritage (NSC-IH) was established in February 2018. Its primary goal is to be a a voice for industrial heritage advocating for the preservation, conservation, investigation, documentation, research and interpretation of our industrial heritage.
The aims of the NSC are:
- to advocate at a National level, and state level where appropriate, for the preservation, conservation, investigation, documentation, research and interpretation of our industrial heritage.
- to organize activities that promote the exchange of knowledge, and conservation of cultural heritage (in particular implementing the Burra Charter and the Dublin Principals)
- to share information about emerging technologies (such as GIS) and resources (such as on-line archives)
- to assist in accessing some resources (such as JSTOR which APT does for its members)
- to provide a forum for mutual support, skill sharing, knowledge sharing, professional development, news about meetings, courses, jobs, etc.
- to develop and foster leadership and programs within the field of Industrial Heritage by using our members to provide leadership, mentoring and resources.
- Support joint TICCIH-ICOMOS projects such as the thematic studies and the provision of suitably qualified accessors for World Heritage nominations.
- Nominate a TICCIH member to vote on behalf of TICCIH members in Australia at the TICCIH Congress.
Visit the TICCIH website.
Current members of the NSC-IH are listed below.
Keith Baker – Co-Convenor
Megan McDougall – Co-Convenor
Max Underhill – Facilitator/Secretary (Affiliate member)
Alison Wain (Affiliate member)
Paul Mahoney (Affiliate member)