The objective of National Scientific Committees (NSCs) is to engage Australia ICOMOS members (and non-members in some instances) who have an interest and/or expertise in a particular area, but who are not members of an International Scientific Committee (ISC).
All National Scientific Committee members are bound by the Australia ICOMOS Code of Conduct for members of the EC & all sub-Committees & Groups.
The first Australia ICOMOS NSC to be formed was the joint NSC for Cultural Landscapes and Cultural Routes. We now have an NSC on Intangible Cultural Heritage and an NSC on Enery and Sustainability. Click on the links below for more information on these NSCs.
- NSC on Cultural Landscapes and Cultural Routes
- NSC on Intangible Cultural Heritage
- NSC on Energy and Sustainability
- NSC on Fortifications and Military Heritage
National Scientific Committee history & convenors
Intangible Cultural Heritage NSC
- Formed May 2014
- Current Co-Convenors: Richard Morrison (2014 – current) & Chris Johnston (2014 – current)
Energy & Sustainability NSC
- Formed October 2014
- Current Co-convenors: Helen Wilson & Rachel Jackson, 2014 – current
Fortifications & Military Heritage NSC
- Formed February 2017
- Current Co-convenors: Matthew Kelly & Iain Stuart, 2017 – current