Institutional Membership is suitable for any organisation that:
- is concerned with the conservation, protection, restoration, rehabilitation, enhancement or animation of historical monuments, groups of buildings and sites
- owns or has in its charge historical monuments, groups of buildings and sites
- devotes all or part of its activity to one or more of the objectives listed above in relation to monuments, groups of buildings or sites
Please note that Institutional Membership does not provide the same benefits as being a Full International Member of ICOMOS. Professionals working in organisations as outlined above, who wish to access the full range of benefits of ICOMOS membership, are encouraged to apply as Full International Members or Young Professionals.
Under the ICOMOS International Statutes, Institutional Members are not eligible to be members of the Executive Committee, International Scientific Committees or other ICOMOS committees. Voting rights in Australia ICOMOS are only available for those accepted as Full International Members.
An Institutional Member is not eligible to use the post-nominal M.ICOMOS, as this is only available to Full International Members. However, Institutional Members may state on their website and include in promotional materials a statement similar to the following statement: “< insert company name> supports Australia ICOMOS through Institutional Membership”.
- Weekly email news with information about national and international activities, current heritage issues and employment opportunities
- Subscription to the Australia ICOMOS refereed journal Historic Environment
- Opportunities to participate in national ICOMOS activities
- Up to three International membership cards, which can be shared amongst staff and used for discounts for some historic properties, museums and heritage organisations internationally and in Australia
- Professional networking opportunities
- Discounts at Australia ICOMOS functions and conferences. Discounts for three full attendances or their equivalent are given to Institutional Members e.g. this could equate to six half-time attendances
- Discounts on Australia ICOMOS publications
- A completed application form (nominators are not required for Institutional Members)
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of the Burra Charter and the Ethical Commitment Statement
- Signed copy of the Ethical Commitment Statement for ICOMOS Members
- A statement outlining how the work of the organisation relates to the conservation of cultural heritage
- An organisational statement that describes the roles of key personnel in heritage conservation
- A Curriculum Vitae, prospectus or more detailed listing of relevant heritage projects or involvement and the names, qualifications and roles of all person(s) in the organisation who promote heritage conservation
- Payment of the correct fee
Download the Australia ICOMOS 2014_MEMBERSHIP Application Form.