Individuals with appropriate conservation experience over a substantial period of time (the equivalent of at least three years full-time), whose current core professional focus is heritage conservation, and who practice within the terms of The Burra Charter and the Ethical Principles for ICOMOS Members, are eligible to be Full International Members. This category would also be suitable be suitable for qualified tradespeople with extensive experience in heritage conservation.
A discounted membership rate is available to Full International Membership applicants who are either under 30 years of age (known as Young Professionals) or who are retired or unwaged.
Both Young Professional and unwaged/retired members receive the same benefits as Full International members and are subject to the same application requirements, with additional requirements for Young Professional or Retired/Unwaged applicants.
- Weekly email news with information about national and international activities, current heritage issues and employment opportunities
- Subscription to the Australia ICOMOS refereed journal Historic Environment
- Regular newsletters from ICOMOS headquarters in Paris
- International ICOMOS membership card, which can be used for discounts for some historic properties, museums and heritage organisations internationally and in Australia – click here for details
- The right to use the post-nominal M.ICOMOS
- Opportunities to participate in national and international ICOMOS activities including the national and international Executive Committee and International Scientific Committees, expert panels and advisory committees
- Voting rights in Australia ICOMOS
- Professional networking opportunities
- Discounts at Australia ICOMOS functions and conferences
- Discounts on Australia ICOMOS publications
- Access to professional information through the members only section of the website
- The equivalent of at least three years full-time professional experience with a core focus on heritage conservation
- A personal statement of relevant professional experience, which includes your demonstrated willingness and ability to practice within the terms of the Burra Charter and the Ethical Principles for ICOMOS Members
- Signed copy of the Ethical Principles for ICOMOS Members
- A completed application form with signed nominations by two financial, Full International Members of ICOMOS
- A brief (100-200 words) statement from one of your nominators supporting your application
- A cuurent Curriculum Vitae
- Payment of the correct fee
- For RETIRED/UNWAGED applicants – evidence of retired/unwaged status at the time of application is required. After this time, evidence may be requested at the discretion of the Australia ICOMOS Secretariat
- For YOUNG PROFESSIONAL applicants – evidence of age under 30 years at the time of application (and subsequent renewal) is required. Young Professionals automatically become Full International Members
- The Full International Membership Fee is set by the Australia ICOMOS Executive and published on the web, in brochures and in the email news
- Unwaged or retired Full International Members pay half the Full International Membership fee
- Young Professional Members pay half the Full International Membership fee
Download the Australia ICOMOS 2016_MEMBERSHIP Application Form.