Applicants who do not meet the requirements for Full International Membership can be admitted as Associate Members until such time as they are able to qualify for Full International Membership. This category is also suitable for prospective members who are studying full- or part-time.
Individuals who have a professional interest in heritage conservation and who may undertake some work in this area, but do not have cultural heritage as their core focus, may also apply to be Associates.
A discounted membership rate is available to Associate membership applicants who are retired or unwaged, or to those who are full-time students – please note that the discounted rate is not available for those studying part-time.
- Weekly email news with information about national and international activities, current heritage issues and employment opportunities
- Subscription to the Australia ICOMOS refereed journal Historic Environment
- Opportunities to participate in national ICOMOS activities, and working and reference groups
- Professional networking opportunities
- Discounts at Australia ICOMOS functions and conferences
- Discounts on Australia ICOMOS publications
- A completed application form (nominators are not required for Associate Members)
- A personal statement of relevant professional experience, which includes your demonstrated willingness and ability to practice within the terms of the Burra Charter and the Ethical Principles for ICOMOS Members
- Signed copy of the Ethical Principles for ICOMOS Members
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Payment of the correct fee
- For RETIRED/UNWAGED applicants – evidence of retired/unwaged status at the time of application is required. After this time, evidence may be requested at the discretion of the Australia ICOMOS Secretariat
- For STUDENT applicants – evidence of full -ime enrolment in a recognised course at the time of application and renewal is required
- The Membership Fee is set by the Australia ICOMOS Executive and published on the web, in brochures and in the email news
- Associate Members pay three quarters of the Full International Membership fee
- Unwaged or retired Associate Members pay one quarter of the Full International Membership fee
- Student Associate Members pay one quarter of the Full International Membership fee
Download the Australia ICOMOS 2016_MEMBERSHIP Application Form.