People who do not meet the requirements for Full International Membership can be admitted as Associate Members until such time as they are able to qualify for Full International Membership. This category is also suitable for prospective members who are studying.
Individuals who have a professional interest in heritage conservation and who may undertake some work in this area, but do not have cultural heritage as their core focus, may also apply to be Associates.
A discounted rate of membership is available to eligible Associate Members who are retired or unwaged, and to those who are full time students.
- Weekly email news with information about national and international activities
- Current heritage issues and employment opportunities
- Subscription to the Australia ICOMOS refereed journal Historic Environment
- Opportunities to participate in national ICOMOS activities and working groups
- Professional networking opportunities
- Discounts at ICOMOS functions and conferences
- Discounts on ICOMOS publications
- A completed application form (nominators are not required for Associate Members)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Burra Charter and the Ethical Commitment Statement
- Signed copy of the Ethical Commitment Statement for ICOMOS Members
- A statement of relevant professional experience
- A full Curriculum Vitae
- Payment of the correct fee
- For RETIRED/UNWAGED applicants – evidence of retired/unwaged status at the time of application is required. After this time, evidence may be requested at the discretion of the Australia ICOMOS Secretariat
- For STUDENT applicants – evidence of full time enrolment in a recognised course at the time of application and renewal is required
- The Membership Fee is set by the Australia ICOMOS Executive and published on the web, in brochures and in the email news
- Associate Members pay three quarters of the Full International Membership fee
- Unwaged or retired Associate Members pay one quarter of the Full International Membership fee
- Student Associate Members pay one quarter of the Full International Membership fee
Download the Australia ICOMOS 2014_MEMBERSHIP Application Form.