Presently, Australia ICOMOS has over 600 members, including a wide range of professionals such as planners, historians, educators, curators, anthropologists, archaeologists, architects, interpretation specialists, conservators, engineers, site/asset managers and and qualified
tradespeople working in heritage conservation.
Different benefits and requirements apply to the different categories of membership. Benefits for all members include:
- Weekly email news with information about national and international activities, current heritage issues and employment opportunities
- A subscription to the Australia ICOMOS refereed journal Historic Environment
- Opportunities to participate in some national activities
- Professional networking opportunities
- Discounts at ICOMOS events and conferences
- Discounts on ICOMOS publications
For a full list of the benefits and requirements that apply to each membership category, click on the links in the following section.
Membership at both a national and international level is available through Australia ICOMOS and the membership categories are as follows:
- Full International Membership (which includes Young Professionals)
- Associate Membership
- Institutional/Corporate Membership
Australia ICOMOS can also grant honorary memberships according to the Honorary Membership Policy 2008.
Please note that changes in membership category require a formal request to Australia ICOMOS as different criteria and application requirements may apply.
Membership fees are based on the financial year, are paid annually and are GST inclusive. They are revised periodically by the Australia ICOMOS Executive Committee.
Membership fees for the 2014/2015 financial year onwards will be as follows:
|Full International||With international component||$253.00|
|Full International – Retired/Unwaged||With international component||$126.50|
(under 30 years)
|With international component||$126.50|
|Associate||No international component||$189.75|
|Associate – Retired/Unwaged||No international component||$63.25|
|Student – enrolled full-time||No international component||$63.25|
With international component
Download the Australia ICOMOS 2014_MEMBERSHIP Application Form.