The Return to a New Age of Activism for Cultural Heritage?
Conserving Heritage: Activism & Advocacy in the 21st Century
- Friday 17 October, 9.00am-4.00pm
- Deakin University City Campus
550 Bourke Street, Melbourne
This ‘Activism’ symposium asks whether we need to return to an age of activism to retain and build on what achieved in cultural heritage conservation since the 1970s.
Featuring presentations from successful activists in social media, local government, planning community action, the natural environment and the arts, it will offer us a chance to reflect and look forward.
The full list of confirmed speakers is:
- Lyndon Schneiders, National Director, Wilderness Society
- Rebecca Wilson, Deputy Director, Learning and Community, Australian Progress.
- Jackie Fristacky: Mayor, Yarra City Council
- Corinne Fisher: Convener, Better Planning Network (NSW)
- Professor Peter Tregear: Head, School of Music ANU
- Brendan Sydes: CEO and lawyer, Environmental Justice Australia
- Jonathan La Nauze: Healthy Ecosystems Program Manager, Australian Conservation Foundation